August 16, 2013

Preschool and Planes

I've been reading a lot of blog posts about pre-school lately, or school in general.
It seems to be a popular topic this time of year.
The time when mama's all over the blog-o-sphere start writing about back to school shopping and preparing to get back into the swing of the fall routine.



Crazy to think we're already nearing fall.
Even crazier to think that Zoie is old enough to even start thinking about preschool at all.

These last two years have flown by!
She's going to be 2! 
Ahhhhh!

So... Back to subject.
Zach and I have been talking A LOT about sending Zoie to preschool this year. She isn't quite two yet, so it might be a bit early. Our thoughts though, are that she could really use the socialization aspect of it. I don't want to send her to daycare. I want to send her to a place where she will learn something and maybe make a few friends.

Don't get me wrong, we teach her every day. She is always learning something.
But, it's kind of hard to get Zoie to play with kids her age.
She is very independent.

We have older kids in our house. She loves playing with my niece, Maci, but she is 7. With Maci, Zoie does more following than playing together. It's hard with that big of an age gap.

Most of my friends have older kids as well. When she is around kids her own age, she tends to sit by herself and read or play quietly. It was really cute the first time, but now it sorta breaks my heart a little. I want her to run and play and have fun with kids her own age and own size.  

Plus,
Preschool is Cool!!
Now I just need to find one in our area.

What are your thoughts on preschool and what age do you think kids should start?


On another subject

Zoie went to her first movie in a theater the other day!
My mom and I took her to see Disney's Planes.


It was super cute and Zoie did a great job.


She sat in her seat with her popcorn and Twizzlers and watched almost the whole thing. She got a little restless near the end of the film, but overall she behaved and did much better than I thought she would.

Hope you all are having a great summer!
We sure are, can't wait to fill you in on everything we have done.

1 comment:

  1. How are our girls old enough for school? Its crazy talk :) We r gonna do more research for next year and if there's a good fit we might go for it too! We will see :) Hope u guys find one that you like! Awesome Zoie went to her first movie!

    ReplyDelete