March 4, 2013

Looking Forward 2 Weeks and 23 Days and 19 Weeks

Two Weeks!
That's how long until we have puppies!
We are Oh So Excited!

As you might remember, I posted a couple months ago that my chocolate lab, Ziva, spent about a week with her 'boyfriend' Street. Did I mention he is a beautiful chocolate lab? Cause he is! I know these puppies will be gorgeous and I can't wait for them to come. 

Did you know dogs are only pregnant for 60 days? I couldn't believe it. They make 4-9 puppies in 60 days and we make 1 baby in 9 months. I don't know about you, but we sure got the short end of that stick.... although, Elephants are pregnant for 22 months... so I guess I shouldn't be comparing. It could be worse.

We have an appointment to do a puppy count at the vet next Monday the 11th. A puppy count is just when they take an x-ray of Ziva so we can see how many pups are snuggled up in her tummy.  I will be sure to post that picture.

Then she is due on the 18th. 
Two Weeks! Ack!

Can't! 

Wait!

....................

23 Days from now, or 3 weeks and 2 days we are headed to sunny Phoenix for Spring Break!
If you thought I was excited about the puppies, you should see my excitement for going to Arizona.

(Never fear, Ari will be staying with the pups. She loves animals and is going to college to be either a vet or a zoologist or a marine biologist. Hasn't made up her mind yet, but she can handle them. She's a seasoned vet when it comes to caring for puppies.)

I LOVE the sun and can't wait to see it and be warm again. 
We have actually been lucky enough to have some sunshine here the last few days. Yay!
But there is a huge difference between WA sun and AZ sun in February/March.
WA sun is pretty to look at, but it's still bitter cold when you step outside. 

Ari's first trip to Phoenix, Oct 2010

Ryleigh is coming with us and get's to spend some time with her Grandparents. She'll attend a family reunion and meet family she has never met before, and then have an sleep over. Exciting!

Ry's first trip to Phoenix, April 2010 With her Auntie Ariane, Papa Fred, and Nanny Carla who live in Tuscon.

....................

I'm working on my New Year's Goals for this year!

I planned our beach camping trip for July. We always end up going to the same place in Fort Stevens, Oregon. Although we really enjoy our time there, we have decided to try a new place this year. 


Our 2013 Beach Trip will be in Depoe Bay, Oregon.
And we will be camping here!


See how close the Ocean is to the camp sites?
How cool is that?
Usually we have to drive a couple miles to get to the water.
Not this time!
Plus... No Trees mean No Mosquitoes!
It'll probably be windy... but I'll trade the wind for mosquitoes any day!
And that trip is only 19 Weeks away... glass half FULL!

SO Much to look forward to!
What are you looking forward to?
I'd love to hear about it. If you've blogged something you are looking forward to, leave a link in the comments.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That camping spot looks amazing!! So much fun coming ure guys way! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete