May 29, 2013

A Cling-On and a Car Chase

Good Wednesday Morning!

I forgot it was Wednesday! Thank goodness for calendar reminders cause I would have forgotten a lot this morning. Always something to do.

So last night, Zach and I made it away from the house, without children!
It was great... sort of.

Poor Zoie started crying as soon as Sarah (Our wonderful neighbor and babysitter) walked in the house. Zoie usually LOVES Sarah. 
It was heartbreaking to leave her behind. 

Zach and I don't usually leave any of the kids a lot. For the last ten years, I can probably count on two hands the number of times we've left the kids with a babysitter. You're probably saying, "What??" I know, I know... But when we only had the big kids for weekends, why would we leave them with a sitter. It's always been important for us to spend time with our kids. Isn't that why we have them? To be a family? Together?

Don't get me wrong... I am ALL FOR a Mommy and Daddy night out!
Just not all the time.

So last night, we really wanted to see a movie.
It's been months since we went to a movie... alone... without kids.
Needless to say, Zoie was not thrilled with being left behind.

Zoie started crying and poor Sarah hasn't dealt with that side of her before.  She screamed for Mama. She screamed for Dada. She screamed
 and screamed 
and screamed.

And I became that mom! 
You know the one. The lady in the theater with the cell phone tucked under her coat. Texting and not watching the movie we just paid $11.50 for.
I hate that lady!
Not my proudest moment.
This time, it was me texting.
Ignoring my giant cup of Diet Strawberry Fanta.
Ignoring my Reeces Pieces.
Ignoring the movie.
Boo!

Pathetic. 
I know.

Poor Zoie...
Dinner didn't work.
The bath didn't work.
But finally,
after about 45 minutes and 1/2 of the move, the texting stopped as Sarah took Zoie outside for a walk with Ziva.  

And then it started up again.
She locked herself out of the house!
Don't be alarmed... It's easy to do!
We have one of those door knobs that still turns on the inside, even when it's locked on the outside. In fact, locking herself out of our house is how my mother met Sarah in the first place.

In this instance, Sarah was lucky that Ari, my step daughter, was only a mile away and able to come to her rescue.
And we were able to catch the end of the movie without any further interruption.

I have come to realize though, that we have entered that stage of Zoie's life.
A little thing I like to call, the "Cling-On" stage.
All of you moms should know exactly what this is. The time in a toddlers life where your little one wants everything to do with you and nothing to do with anyone else. 

How do/did you deal with your "Cling-on"? 
Help!

As for the movie:
Not Bad!
Not the best of the franchise.
Pretty sure Michelle Rodriguez has had work done.
Irritating when they don't look the same...

Can't wait for the next one!
You know there will be a next one!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Been there :( We just had to wait out the stage. Sorry im not more help!! Try to embrace this crazy exhausting stage itll b over before you know it :)

    ReplyDelete