January 2, 2015

One Little Word - 2015



One of my dearest friends, Kristine, from The Foley Fam taught me something today without even knowing it. 

For years she's been choosing a word for herself to live up to. For a whole year she strives to be what this word is and let it teach her. Kristine's
 word for 2015 is 'Nurture'. You can read all about her word and what it means to her HERE.

I've never particiated in having "One Little Word" before. Though my life has recently showed me that I need a word for the year. 
I am SO THANKFUL to Kristine for reminding me.

You see, I haven't been the best I can be lately. I think part of it comes with depression, something that has been a great struggle in my life for many years. 

Lately, I seem to have lost my Happy.
So for 2015 I chose a word that spoke to me.
A word that will get me through the good times and the bad.

My word is SMILE.

I seem to have lost my smile lately.
I don't know when or where,
but it's been harder and harder to find.

Several years ago, I needed this same word to be a reminder to me. I even went so far as to tattoo it on my arm. If anyone else has ever dealt with depression or feeling sad, this is a word that I often need to be reminded of.


It seems lately, that I need the reminder now, more than ever.
I need to remember to be happier.
I need to remember to go with the flow.
I need to remember to be more nurturing and less harsh.
This word is all of those things for me.

It's easy to remember to smile when life is going well. When things are going your way and you think, "Life doesn't get much better than this."

It's easy to smile when you are so blissfully happy.

It's not so easy to smile when life feels hard.

When you feel sad.

When things just don't seem to be happy. 

Even when things are going really well, and something just doesn't feel right.


via

I am going to do my best to live up to my word this year.
Through everything life throws at me.

No matter what!

Like Nat King Cole sang to us:

"You'll find life is still worthwhile,
If you just smile."

So I am going to remember to:
Just smile!

With this little reminder, 2015 is going to be better than ever!

You can link up here.

1 comment:

  1. it's amazing how much happier i feel when i remember to smile. love that word for the year. such a great reminder. thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete