December 27, 2012

Wonderful Christmas

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas festivities!
We sure did!!

We spent Christmas Eve Evening with the kids making gingerbread houses. Talk about a new tradition., So Much Fun! We decided to make it a competition, where my parents judged the next day. We all kept our houses a secret from each other til we were done.


After a late start to our morning... Crazy I know!
We finally saw what Santa brought us in our stockings and opened our presents from the rest of the family. I think everyone had a great morning. I know I did.












The Aftermath!

Christmas in our house is always a nice relaxing day. 
We try not to go overboard with gifts for the kids. They each get 4 things (plus a gift from Santa). 
Something they WANT, something they NEED, something to WEAR, and something to READ.  
They know how many things they are getting and they understand (I hope) that we are shopping on a budget. It really forces me to put a lot of thought into their gifts and I think (hope) they have learned to appreciate that. I also hope that as they get older they will learn to appreciate the quality time we have spent together as a family and not the things that we bought them. :)

In the afternoon we spent some time with my parents, my sister and niece, and my cousins. 
Overall it was an amazing Christmas with family!

And... We get to do it all again tomorrow.
My parent, brothers, and sister and their families will be over tomorrow for the day to celebrate Christmas as a family. We are looking forward to another nice relaxing 'holiday'.

No comments:

Post a Comment