July 12, 2011

24 Weeks

I can't believe it has been 10 weeks since I posted updates on baby Ziegler. :(
I'm sorry to be such a slacker... the last few months have gotten away from me. But I am back and I am here to report updates through the end so I hope you people are ready.

How far along: I am 24 weeks! Time sure is flying by, only 16 weeks to go. We are in the home stretch and I couldn't be more thrilled or excited. In one hand I want it to go slowly so I can cherish every moment of being pregnant. But on the other hand, I am so excited to meet our little girl that I can just wait for this part to be over. Ahh... sweet dilhemas.

Baby's Development/Size: We had an ultrasound last Wednesday. Baby girl was 1 pound, 6 ounces. She is now accumulating more body fat (as am I) and her little ears are sharpening up so she can now hear very loud sounds. She is starting to grow hair now too, little eyelashes and eyebrows. She's even growing a little head of hair that I can't wait to see. I wonder what color it will be? Dark like mine was? Or blond like her daddy was?

Movement: I am feeling so much movement right now. It pulls at my heart every single time. I still can't believe at times that I am growing a little person and I can feel her moving around. Zach felt her for the the first time on Thursday (7/7). It was so exciting to finally share this with him. I can't wait to feel more. And big sister, Ryleigh, is incredibly excited to feel her move. She's been asking every day.

Changes in me: Other than my weight, not a whole lot is different with me right now. Except for my ever expanding belly of course. Which seems to be expanding at a glorious rate and it will only get going faster and bigger as the time goes on. I'm not telling this time how much I weigh, cause its horribly embarrassing. Let's just say, I've never been this heavy in my entire life and I hope to never be here again. There is the possibility though, that I am enjoying a little too much ice cream. I hope everyone has lots of diet secrets for me when this is over, cause I am going need them.

Cravings: I don't know if this can be classified as cravings exactly... I just get hungry for certain things and can't get that out of my head until I eat it. I guess that is a craving, it just isn't one specific thing. I have been eating a lot of ice cream lately... did I say a lot? Cause what I meant to say was A LOT! It's just so good, it doesn't even matter what kind, I just like to eat it. I've also had two bacon cheese burgers from Five Guys, and a few tomatoes with salt. The salt I probably don't need, but the tomatoes have been wonderful. And I am happy to say that I haven't had a slushee from Sonic in over a month :) I have, however, had about a dozen Hi-C Orange drinks from McDonalds... and I really dislike McDonalds. But where else can you get a large Orange drink for $1?? That's right... no where :( So I am stuck.


What I miss: I don't really miss anything right now. I've wanted to be where I am for practically my entire life. There isn't anywhere I'd rather be, or anything I'd rather be doing. I am very content and happy with where my family is right now.

What I am looking forward to: I think I might finally have an idea on how to decorate the nursery. I am just so excited to start setting up and getting ready; I just need the room to do it. Another month or so and I will have the room, just need to be patient... easier said than done.

Anyone have any good ideas on organization and decor for a baby girl nursery?
More on baby next week.

1 comment:

  1. Love your bump!! THANK YOU for sharing this awesome journey! LOVED the moving part too and still miss it at times ;) I will be doing a tour of M's room on our blog next month!! I will let you know and maybe you'll get some ideas ;) I've done a couple tutorial on our blog for some things that are in there! Hello, every little girl needs a tutu storage display ;)))) Hugs to you!

    Kristine
    www.jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete