July 9, 2011

Strawberries and Chinese Food

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures for our day yesterday.
I forgot my camera at home :(

What a Friday we had! 
Up early and at Siemer's Farm on Greenbluff by 7 am.
Had so much fun picking strawberries with everyone.
Took me back to my childhood where we used to do this almost every year. 

Later we were back at my parents house, where my mom and I spent the rest of the day cleaning and packing the fruit, and of course making strawberry jam. Hard work... well, maybe not hard, but definitely time consuming. We worked on strawberries for a good 5 hours before breaking to make dinner.

As if this that wasn't enough to do... we added in a birthday dinner for my brother-in-law, Terry,.
Not just any dinner... Chinese food. The hardest meal in my mom's Family Cookbook.

We made white rice, Rice-a-Roni Egg Foo Young, Hoisin Chicken, Stir Fry Veggies, and Egg Rolls for 15 people. Wonderful meal, it all turned out SO good.

After dinner it was back to strawberries for another couple hours and we were finally done!

Today I am tired, it was a long, wonderful day. It's been a long time since I canned anything with my mom. I forgot how time consuming it was. I am ready for the rest of the summer now though... raspberries, peaches, and pears all need to be canned and/or made into jam and; Not to forget pickles and green beans (Zach's Favorites) need to be canned.

This morning it was fresh strawberries on my Cheerios.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment