January 28, 2011

Vacation Needed...

I was talking with a friend this morning. Actually, I'm not sure I can technically call her my friend? But I sure like her. We have the same doctor. And she has been at the office the last two times that I have been there. She is one of those contagiously happy people that make me smile. I like that.

Anyway... this morning we were talking about having a strong feeling towards needing a vacation. Right now, I am at a point in my life, where I could really use a 'get-away'. So on the subject of vacation, I thought how nice it would be to visit Washington DC. I love the east coast. It is so beautiful. It's historical, I love that it's historical. Everywhere you turn there is a piece of history, a piece of our great country.

I've actually been thinking about this for a while. Zach and I like to watch Bones on Thursday nights. L-O-V-E that show. It is set in DC and every time we watch, I remind my husband how badly I want to go back there. And take it slow.

There is SO much to see. So much to learn. When we visited a few years ago, we had 6 days. It was a glorious 6 days. But even in all that time, we didn't see it all. I want to go back and take my time. I mean really take my time to look and actually 'see' my surroundings. Wouldn't it be lovely to just meander through the mall with a hot cup of coffee and take it all in. That's what I would like to do.


Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment