April 12, 2011

11 Weeks

The time is going by so quickly. I can't believe it has already been eleven weeks and yet, I almost want it to slow down a little. On one hand I want this to go so slow because I know that this will probably be my only pregnancy.  On the other hand, I am so excited to be a mom that I can't wait for this part to be over. I am so excited to meet our little monkey and see where this new journey takes our life.
I don't any bump pictures yet, all I have would be considered fat pictures. I'm not exactly in my best physical shape right now, but I just can't pass on the milkshakes and tater tots. I try SO hard, but I just can't. say. no! Next week... I promise.

Here is a little bit of what is going on with me and the baby this week.

How Far Along:As of today we are eleven weeks along. That is also day 77 days, leaving us with 203 more days to go. Wow! When you think of it in days, it seems so far away.

Baby's Development/Size:
This week the baby is officially developed enough to be called a fetus. No longer an embreo. The most critical parts of the baby's organ system development is over. Its ears are moving to the side of the head and its finger and toe nails are forming. The baby will grow very rapidly and will double in size by next week. It is roughly 2 inches long. About the size of a sugar packet, how cute is that... it's already sweet :) 

Changes in Me:
I've had a few headaches over the last week, I've read that this can happen. I just wish it didn't happen to me. I'm not big on headaches and whoever said tylenol works "tough on pain" lied through their teeth. Tylenol doesn't do anything but give you something to swallow. Sorry Tylenol, I'm not your biggest fan.
I've gained a few pound in the last few weeks, closing in on 10 pounds heavier than I was. And, as much as I would love to blame it on the baby, I can't :( It is solely the fault of my eating habbits. I need to practice some self-control, something I used to pride myself on before.

Cravings:
Don't worry, I am still eating lots of fruits and vegetables and getting my full servings of proteins every day. I've just been filling in the blanks with tater tots, vanilla milkshakes, and homemade chocolate chip cookies.  There may have also been a few girl scout cookies in there too, but we can't blame those girls just for trying to raise some money for their troups; which I may have helped a little more than I should have.
Other than that, I can't go too long without some citrus of anykind. I've been drinking a lot of juice (which contains more sugar than I have had in the last year all in one container) and I 'may' have eaten more than my share of Sour Patch Kids. In my defense, the sour candies help my tummy when I'm feeling a little quesy.

Movement:
No movement yet, it's only 2 inches long. Can't wait though.

What I miss:
Coffee. Good coffee. I know you can have a little caffeine a day, and I know that I can drink decaf. But it just isn't the same. I want to buy a bag of really good German coffee and have it shipped in for Christmas. It will be such a nice treat.

What I'm looking forward to:
Finding out the sex/gender of the baby. I am really excited to get decorating and clothes shopping.

That's it for this week! Pictures next time, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. I hated giving up coffee when I was pregnant. I mixed it with decaf and that was ok, but if I tried to drink just a cup of regular coffee it was always bad news. I saw your other post on the morning sickness thing - I didn't have morning sickness - I had a boy....

    ReplyDelete