February 16, 2013

Social Sunday - February 17

Good Morning Friends!
It's a Sunday Social kind of day! Valentines Style!

Sunday Social

1. What is the best Valentine's Day you ever had?

This one is definitely one for the books ... as in ... one to remember. 
We don't usually go all out for Valentine's Day here, which is why our Valentine's wasn't the best this year. You can read about it HERE, or catch a quick recap below.

2. Worst Valentine's Day you ever had?

This one is harder to forget than I would like. It was 2002. I was dating Greg at the time and he was extremely sick. We spent the majority of the day in the emergency room. Went home around 7 where I spent the rest of the evening crying on the couch and he was so drugged up he could barely move. He ended up getting worse and died at the hospital 5 days later. Not something I am always open about, but also not something easily forgotten on Valentine's Day. 
So Ya... Worst Valentine's Day ever! Actually... Worst February/Year ever!

OKAY... Something Cheerier!!!

3. What did you do for Valentine's Day this year?

Let's see... 
My husband got me some flowers, a meat cleaver, 
and a dump truck.
We followed that off with my poor baby girl barfing all over her pretty shirt and my ipad in the truck. Then left my (then feeling much better) baby with her big sister so we could go out to lunch and watch the new Die Hard movie. 
Yippee Kay-Yay!

Zoie was SUPER CUTE in her pretty Valentine shirt though.
(Before the barf)



Yup... One for the memory bank!

4. Best Valentine's idea if you're single?
Go out with your friends and drink something yummy and eat something with lots of chocolate in it. Cause calories don't count on Valentine's Day. And anyone who tells you different can Piss Off!

5. Favorite Valentine Candy?

That would be the good old original conversation hearts. But only the yellow and the orange ones... and sometimes green.

6. Favorite Valentine's memory from your childhood?

I can't remember how old I was, but I know it was some time in middle school. My parents had left us all cards with envelopes full of valentine candy. It was seriously the best! My parents NEVER let us have candy unless is was Christmas and then it was limited. But this time they gave us each enough to last... well at least several days. I remember treasuring that candy and hiding from my brothers in my sock drawer. I'd only eat one piece a day. It was wonderful. 

It was a really big deal because my parents didn't have a lot of money when we were kids. This was one of those times they tried to help us forget that.


So that's it for Valentine's Day!
At least until next year!

Next week we'll tackle some hard ones:
The Awkward Years! 
Eeek!!

Happy Sunday Friends!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness, that worst valentines day really sounds terrible and I am sorry to hear it! How stressful and sad! :( Sounds like you made up for it though and hopefully it will get replaced with good memories one day...

    Poor pukey kiddo. I would freak if i had a kid and they puked on my iPhone... ahhah. I am going to be a terrible mom!

    ReplyDelete