February 1, 2013

Ziva

I had every intention of writing a great post this morning.

I had it all planned out and almost ready to go. 

Then I got a call from my husband that our dog, Ziva had followed him out the driveway. I went to get her and in the 5 minutes it took me to wrangle Zoie and get outside, she was gone.


I spent the better part of the afternoon and well into the evening looking for her. I knocked on doors, drove for hours calling her name, and finally gave in when it was so dark I couldn't see 5 feet out my window. 

I was heart broken. She is my first baby. I had no idea where she was. Did someone have her? Did a coyote get her? Is she just lost? Is she hurt and can't walk? I was terrified. I spent most of the evening sitting on the front porch calling her name. And finally went to bed for a sleepless night around midnight.


I got up about 530 hoping against all hope that someone had called or emailed or had seen my Craiglist ad. Nothing. Then around 730, when it was finally light out again and I was getting ready to go out for another drive, the call came in. Someone had seen a post on the SCRAPs website that someone in my area had found a chocolate lab. 


I immediately called them and gave Ziva's description. It was her! There was no doubt!

I drove over immediately and there she was. Safe and Sound!


She had spent the night with a wonderful family about a mile or so away. In the comfort of their barn she spent the night with their black lab, Lily.

I cannot explain to you the relief I felt when I pulled in their driveway and there she was. Just as excited to see me, as I was to see her. 



Our baby is now home and safe and as exhausted as I am, now sleeping in her warm bed. Alive! Well! I could not have asked for a better outcome. I cannot thank that family enough for taking such good care of our baby girl.


Thank You! #justisn'tenough


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. How terrifying!!! So happy to hear she is home safe and sound. xoxo

    ReplyDelete