January 2, 2013

2013 - Ready or Not, Here we Come!

Happy New Year!



Can you believe it is 2013? 
I know I say that every year. But seriously? Can you believe it?

Shouldn't we have flying cars by now?? You know we are only 50 years away from The Jetsons. 50 years from flying cars, and living on platforms in the sky, and machines that cook your food and do your hair and change your wardrobe with the push of a button. Craziness... Seriously!

There is a lot in store for me and my little family for 2013. Another year of (probably) broken resolutions. Another year of getting older, yet staying the same number (wink wink). I will be 29 forever!! Yay!! (sssshhhh... don't tell)

This year though, I am not making any resolutions.
Instead, I'm going to tell you what my family is looking forward to for 2013!
Resolutions get broken and I get disappointed in myself. I don't want any of that this year! No more of this losing weight bull that I always break and feel bad for later. I'm done with that!

If I lose weight or eat healthier, Great! If not, I'm still ME and that is all that matters!!

Here is what I am looking forward to for 2013! 
Guidelines for great year for myself and my family!

In 2013, we are looking forward 
to Zoie growing and becoming 2. To learning new things every single day. To saying new words and trying new foods. To experiencing all that life has to offer a toddler. I can't wait to watch and do it all with her.



In 2013, we are looking forward 
to a vacation or two. I'd love to make it to Northern California to see the beautifully huge red wood trees. My husband wants to see Old Faithful in Yellowstone National Park. Ryleigh wants to visit Mt Rushmore because she read about it online and loved the pics that my parents took there. I know that's a lot, WE'll probably only make one of those trips.
Ryleigh will be visiting New York and Arizona with her Grandparents. So Exciting!! I'd like to get out and use our camp trailer more often and maybe see something new in it. Perhaps the trips listed above... perhaps  we'll visit just the usual standby locations. Either way we're getting out in the fresh air and will enjoy the great outdoors.


In 2013, we are looking forward 
to saving more and spending less. Learning the difference between want and need. Teaching our kids the value of money instead of the need to burn it as fast as it comes in. Teach them the importance of family over money and things!


In 2013, we are looking forward 
to spending an entire year in our house and learning all of its little secrets. As of now we have only been here for 7 months, there is still so much to learn and so much to decorate. (Kinda contradicts the want/need line, but as I said... these are only guidelines. Wink Wink)



In 2013, we are looking forward 
to spending more time as a family at home. I'd like to play more board games and eat dinner at home with all the kids. We try to play games as often as we can, but if we could get the big kids home more and have more home cooked meals with them, it is a win-win! Then maybe they will save more and spend less on fast food!



In 2013, I am looking forward to
 blogging and sharing more. I know I always say I will do more on the little old blog of mine, and I really do want to. Life just tends to get away from me and I can't find the time to sit and write. Maybe if I put less pressure on myself to make it perfect, it will be better. Good Luck Me!



In 2013, I am looking forward to a good life!

What are you looking forward to?

Go Link up your Resolutions with this Awesome Mama, Kristine!


Perception Is Everything

Stick around here if you choose! It's going to be a great year!

1 comment:

  1. You have a gorgeous family and I think you will definitely take charge of 2013! Those are very reasonable expectations :) Happy New Year and thanks for linking up! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete