January 20, 2013

A Mama's Vent About Restaurants

Do you guys ever eat out?
What am I asking? Of course you do! Everyone eats at a restaurant at some point... right?
We have been trying to eat out less often, but it doesn't always work the way I would like. We are a busy family. I would like to imagine that I have time to make a wholesome dinner for my family every night.

But who am I kidding?!?!

I have a serious (to me) beef to pick with some of our local and chain restaurants. They all seem to do the same thing. I am usually much to timid to say anything at the time... but not on here! So here goes nothin'!

Do any of you order off the kids menu?
There usually aren't very healthy options for kiddos on the 'Kid's Menus'. It's especially difficult when my child refuses to eat meat.

Her options are usually, Pizza, Grilled Cheese, or Macaroni and Cheese.
So unhealthy. But beggars can't be choosers.

Here's where my problem comes in... Ordering for a child on the 'Kids Menu' typically means the food will be going to a CHILD! So when the food is delivered, shouldn't the temperature be optimum for a CHILD?? Not as if you just took it from the surface of the sun?!?

Am I the only one that has this problem?
I understand the importance of getting people their food while it is still warm. (warm, not hot) But if a servers tells you to 'Fire' a Kids Mac & Cheese... use your brain and realize that it is for a kid. And some kids don't understand the concept of blowing on their food.

(Don't get me wrong, I am a proud Mama to say that Zoie can and will blow on her food if you tell her it is hot... but not enough to actually make a difference before it goes into her mouth.)

This Mama is tired of spending the first 10 to 15 minutes after our food is delivered blowing on Mac & Cheese while everyone else enjoys their meal. Well... they enjoy it as best they can while my 1 year old cries at me because she is hungry and you can't give her a bite of her food.

Then... when I finally get her fed and I am able to eat, everyone else at the table is either done with their meal, working on their dessert, or ready to go. So they are forced to wait while I scarf down my meal without any ability to enjoy it.

Ugh... The dilemas of parenthood!
I should write a letter to someone!

Rant Over!
Happy Sunday!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment