January 25, 2013

Fitness Friday

It's a Blog Hop Kind of Morning!
For those ladies joining from High Heeled Mama, WELCOME!
For those that are new, Check. Her. Out!

Let me just start by saying that I am in no way, shape, or form at my preferred weight or fitness level. Things seem to have ... gone down hill since I was pregnant with Zoie. She is nearly 15 months old now... I don't have any excuses. I just need to start! I need to get into a routine that works for me. 

I wish I was one of those girls that lost the baby weight within weeks of delivering, but sad to say I am not that Mama. I am the Mama that gained 70 pounds during her pregnancy and was another 5-7 heavier after giving birth. #thankyouswelling #ohthejoysofdrugs #ihadahugebaby

I wasn't one of the beautiful pregnant ladies either. You know the ones... with the tiny frame and the cute baby bump. I was so swollen and huge throughout my whole pregnancy that people thought I was farther along than I actually was.

"No, Lady in the grocery store. I am not due today! I have another 3 months to go."

So ... here I am today. Not at my ideal weight but longing to be there. 


What's funny... I am wearing all the pants from when I was in my best shape before I got preggers... what sucks... is all the extra tummy that I can't seem to get rid of. All my 'extra' seems to go straight to my tummy. #Ugh

I AM READY!!
I have PINNED 1000 ways to get back in shape.
Now I just have to do it!
So here's to doing it! 
Here's to getting in shape!
With the link up to High Heeled Mama, I have more accountability for what I am trying to accomplish. 
The occasional lunges and crunches here and there aren't cutting it anymore.
Bring it on body! I am ready! 
Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up, Kara!!! I am so right there with you when you say that you didn't just lose weight without trying (so cruel that there are women out there like that!!)...I joined a gym shortly after delivering but I'll be honest, it had a lot to do with the fact that my hubby was gone (military duties) for months at a time and I was all alone without any family...and this mama needed.some.time.off! It was good, it got me in the habit of working out, but now that renewal times is rolling around, I'm thinking about not.renewing.

    Makes me nervous, what if I gain weight? But then I'm like, am I really that unmotivated? Grr, inner dialogue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I'm stopping by from Noel's blog hop. Good luck getting back into the swing of things! That's what I struggle with--just deciding to take that first step out the door when it's just so much easier to...not. And park my butt on the couch or tend to the kids or fix their dinner, etc etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. VIsiting from the linkup! Good luck with your goals, I think the hardest part is the first few days and weeks, I always have trouble starting, but once I get going, then I feel better and stay on task!

    ReplyDelete