January 4, 2013

Crocheting Like Crazy

I don't know what it is about winter, but it makes me feel all crafty. 
I'm not the most creative one around, but luckily I am good at following directions and copying Pinterest.

I was so very lucky enough to have my Mama teach me to crochet when I was younger. I think it would be much harder for me to learn later in life. My Mom and I would crochet for hours watching movies and making scarves or pot holders during my Christmas Break from school.  I miss those days. 

The last week or so I've been obsessed with making headbands for the girls. So far, I think I have made ... a lot... I lost track. I can't remember where I found the pattern... I sure didn't create this one and I am not taking credit as doing so. Remember the no creativity thing?

Please ignore the horrible pic... #nomakeupday

So...
Last night I decided to venture past the simple task of creating yet another headband.
Okay, okay... I ran out of people to give them to!

I started a blanket! I've never made a whole blanket before.
I'm pretty excited!

I am following the tutorial I found on Pinterest
Which led me to Three Beans in a Pod. Where I found the Tutorial.
This lady is making some pretty sweet blankets. 

So far, I have 4 circles done. 
I chose a dark purple and a cream color. Cause that's what I had on hand.



The first one took me a bit to get the hang of the counting. 
The next three only took me about 45 minutes.
At this rate, I may have it done by June.
(Hey, I never said I was any good) #winkwink
But we'll see how it goes.

I hope this turns out and then maybe I can try one of  my own.
Wish me luck!
I'll try to keep you all posted as to my progress.

I Hope you all have a  Happy Friday!
We got a sitter and are going on a big kid/parent date tonight.
Going to see The Hobbit and have dinner with just the big girls!
Very Excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment